01/14/21;Week02;Response to "Is the Great American Teacher Dead?"

Is the Great American Teacher Dead? 


When I was in grade two, our school move from an old building to a brand new school campus. It was known as Benemerito de las Americas. Everything was new, the classrooms, desks, blackboards, the school grounds, soccer fields, basketball courts, and everything around. We had an elementary school, middle school, high school, and the school to become teachers called "La Normal".  These were church schools, and teachers and students were members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The directors of the school were Kenyon Wagner and Leona Farnsworth. Besides secular and religious education, we had cultural and physical education such as different sports, choir, music,  and folk dance. It was a wonderful place where many of us developed our talents, learned different skills, and participated in sports of our choice and fun school games. Once I graduated from high school I attended BYU in Provo. I feel very blessed I had the opportunity to attend church schools through most of my years of education where a positive social environment, cultural events, and physical activity were encouraged. In 2013 the school was closed and was converted into the Mexico City Missionary Training Center.

When I was looking at the page of the innumerable technology tools we have, I could not stop thinking about how different school is now from the time I went to school. It brings me joy to be able to learn all this technology, skills, and knowledge to become a teacher that will deliver exciting, motivating, and meaningful instruction to my future students. If I see I have something I can share with others, I do it with happiness and without conditions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/08/21; Week06; Differences in Emotional Expressiveness

2/16/2021; Week 07; Response to Difference in Manners